Click for Larger Image
Many thanks to everybody who took the time this week to read our Imaginary Internet Millionaire Comparison Test. Your readership, comments, cross-posts to your home forums, blog links, intensely personal criticism, and thinly veiled e-mail threats to beat us to death have all combined to bring us hundreds of thousands of hits in the past five days. As many of you know, Speed:Sport:Life is an all-volunteer effort; we do this just for the love of the cars and the industry, and we’re honored to have you along for the ride.
So what’s next? We have an exciting month planned for all of you, featuring more of the sharp photography, unfiltered opinion, and socially irresponsible hoon-driving for which we are known. Some highlights include:
- A full report from our first-ever actual ARCA race. We’ll put you behind the wheel of our highly tuned Ford Tempo racer – well, it’s not so much “highly tuned” as it is “brightly colored” – and show you what it’s like to bang fenders on a Saturday night in a small town. Also, there will be footage of Figure Eight Schoolbus Racing, which is exactly what it sounds like.
- Driving impressions of the 2008/2009 Chrysler lineup. We’ll have a report on the new Aspen Hybrid for you to show your family and/or significant other, autocross runs in the SRT family of vehicles including the, ahem, VIPER ACR WHICH IS THE BEST CAR EVER TO BE A CAR OF ANY TYPE IN MY UNBIASED OPINION, and some hilarious off-road action featuring a Wrangler Unlimited and Grand Cherokee. Also, we put a Sprinter RV up on three wheels during our patented extreme handling test. Seriously.
- New installments of the old favorites: Speed:Sport:Life Radio, Avoidable Contact, and a fresh column from our newest contributor, Lord Byron.
- Ride and drive reports on the C63 AMG, Explorer Sport Trac, Yukon Hybrid, Caliber SRT-4 (on the road this time), Audi A6 3.2, Expedition King Ranch EL, Porsche Cayman 2.7, and anything else we can get our hands on in the near future. How’s that AMG drive? Let’s see…
- Event coverage of “BigOhio”, including a close-up look at a very special MkV Rabbit.
- Last but not least, we will be facing down the mighty racing juggernaut “Team Pakistan Express” in a no-holds-or-punts-barred double race weekend at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Follow along as we explore the thrill of victory in club racing – although if history is any guide here, it’s more likely to be the agony of defeat.
See you soon!
Click for Larger Image