Ford is taunting us this morning with a teaser of a new Ford GT variant, which is set to debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed next month. There are no further details about the new GT other than the photo, but it’s clear the car features a roof mounted scoop and a race-ready rear wing.
Back in March, we spotted two Ford GTs testing near Phoenix and wondered what Ford was up to with them. Could this new GT have anything to do with what we saw testing?
In addition to the GT supercar news, Ford will be participating in the 2019 Goodwood Festival of Speed with several entries:
- The all-new Focus ST and all-new 760 bhp Mustang Shelby GT500 making their UK debuts
- The Ford Chip Ganassi Racing #66 Ford GT race car, fresh from the Le Mans 24 Hours
- The M-Sport Ford World Rally Team’s Ford Fiesta WRC car – also appearing on the Goodwood rally stage
- The 2018 NASCAR Championship-winning Team Penske Ford Fusion race car
- The 1980 Ford Zakspeed Turbo Capri race car
- Gymkhana TEN star Ken Block’s Hoonitruck and Escort RS Cosworth
- Champion drifter Vaughn Gittin Jnr’s Ford Mustang RTR Drift car
Stay tuned for more…